- “(Nighttown is) such a cool venue…(there’s) an intimacy that close quarters inspire between performer and audience…everyone who comes into (Nighttown) is almost like friends…the audience really supports (Nighttown) more than almost all the venues we’ve ever played…the audiences are the caretakers of the room, and they really keep it alive.” Thanks, Cheryl Bentyne, The Manhattan Transfer.
- Nighttown’s New Chef Brings the Venerable Restaurant into Modern Times
- New Chef at Nighttown
- Thanks, Debbi Snook at The Plain Dealer, for the great review.
Nighttown - One of the 25 Restaurants Cleveland Can't Live Without -- The closest thing Cleveland has to an Algonquin Round Table is Nighttown, a New York-style supper club that attracts a most deliciously diverse clientele. Named by Down Beat magazine as one of the world's "100 Great Jazz Clubs," Nighttown draws the serious music fans for sure. But there is far more to the joint than hot licks and cool chords. The menu is decidedly old-school but well-executed, with dishes like whole artichokes, roast duck, trout amandine and Dublin Lawyer ruling the roost. The comfortably appointed dining rooms, bar and patio burble with conversation as doctors, professors, writers, artists and students exchange bon mots over bouron and beer. It's this rare triple identity - as serious restaurant, inspired jazz club, and especially as living room to an intellectual community - that makes people continue to flock to "The Top of the Hill.- Scene Magazine
Best Jazz Club -- Nighttown has been the anchor of Cleveland's jazz scene since 1965, and it's only grown smoother with age. Acts like Benny Green, Eliane Elias, Kurt Elling, Joe Lovano and Brad Mehldau have made Nighttown one of Down Beat's 100 Best Jazz Clubs in the World. There's live music four nights a week (or more) year-round, and you can listen from any of its cozy settings: a warm, welcoming bar area, a casual lounge, an intimate private dining room, an all-weather outdoor area, and a more formal main dining room. No matter where you sit, you'll hear world-class music and, we predict, feel 20 times cooler than you really are.- Scene Magazine
Best Jazz Club -- Besides boasting the best-sounding live music room in all of Cleveland, Nighttown is also one of the few places in the entire nation that still treats aging jazz legends like the icons they are. But it's not about the old-school here; plenty of young jazz stars stop in on their way up the ladder.- Scene Magazine
Best Place to Hear Live Jazz/Best Jazz Club in Cleveland -- With its up-close seating and fine acoustics, Nighttown is the place to take in all the live jazz that your heart desires. Featuring a jam-packed schedule that includes national acts one or more times a week, a fine selection of wine and an excellent menu (the Nighttown Steamers is a personal favorite), Nighttown continues its run as the best place in town for jazz.- Free Times Reader's Choice Awards
Best Sunday Brunch" & "Best Live Music- Circle East Magazine
- Best Suburban Hotspot (East) Award to Nighttown — thanks, Cleveland Magazine!!
- “Nighttown continues longtime tradition of fine food & hot jazz,” says the Heights Observer.
- Check out the reviews in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Cleveland Magazine and Currents monthly magazine.
- “Best Sunday Brunch” from Cleveland Magazine.
- “Best Music Venue” from Patch.com 2012.
- “Best Outdoor Dining” from Citysearch 2010.
- We are also much honored by Northern Ohio Live for their Award of Achievement.
- Nighttown was voted Cleveland’s Best Romantic Restaurant in AOL’s 2010 poll.
- Nighttown was voted Cleveland’s Best Place for Live Music in AOL’s 2009 poll:
- Intimate, acoustically delightful and jam-packed with aficionados of the nations great musical invention, theres no better place for jazz for hundreds of miles than this highly regarded restaurant and club in Cleveland Heights, named by jazz bible Downbeat Magazine as one of the top 100 jazz clubs in the world. International, national and local acts pepper a busy schedule which features shows nightly, and many without a cover.
Best Jazz Club -- The intimate, inviting concert room has the best acoustics of any venue in town. It's also one of the few local clubs that places the audience within spitting distance of the musicians. It all makes for a comfy, rewarding experience.- Free Times Reader's Choice Awards
Best Place to Hear Live Jazz/Best Jazz Club in Cleveland" & "Best Outdoor Dining in Cleveland- Free Times Reader's Choice Awards
Best Late-Night Dining- NorthernOhioLive Best Restaurants
Best Late-Night Dining" & "Best Ambiance- NorthernOhioLive Best Restaurants
Best Hip Jazz Locale" & "Best Late-Nite Dining" & "Best Alfresco Dining- NorthernOhioLive Best Restaurants
Best Late-NiteDining & Best Alfresco Dining- NorthernOhioLive Best Restaurants
First Place "Best Live Entertainment- FutureHeights Best of Cleveland Heights
First Place "Best Dining Ambiance- FutureHeights Best of Cleveland Heights
Best Outdoor Dining, Best Community Spirit & Best Live Entertainment- FutureHeights Best of Cleveland Heights
Best Outdoor Dining," "Best Fine Dining" & "Hippest Scen- FutureHeights Best of Cleveland Heights
Best Place To Go On A Date Or Celebrate" & "Best Place To Stop For A Drink" & "Best Outdoor Dining- FutureHeights Best of Cleveland Heights
Best Date or Special Occasion" & "Best Place to Take Out-of-Town Guests" & "Favorite Restaurant- FutureHeights Best of Cleveland Heights
Best Outdoor Dining & Best Romantic Dinner" (2nd Place for Best Bar & Best Live Performance Venue)- FutureHeights Best of Cleveland Heights
Best Alfresco Dining- Cleveland Jewish News
Best Nightclub- Cleveland Jewish News